How To End 2016 Part 3 - Pontianak & Singkawang Family Trip : Chai Kue Tian Mei Li, Ji Goong Temple, Tanjung Bajau and More!

[Header]

It's been awhile since my last trip with my mom and dad together, and it was a perfect way to end up my holiday journey before closing the 2016's book ( you can also read the Part 1 and Part 2 ). 
Coming all the way up to the hottest city of Indonesia again, yeahh it's Pontianak ! ( click here and here ). But this time, I'm bringing my parents along. Why ? Because the last time I didn't told my parents that I went to Pontianak, and when they figured it out, my father was curious about this city. He's a typical person that like to explore city and human interest also nature in Indonesia, and he didn't give a damn shit about other country. Yeahh it was all because of his curiosity, we had a flight to Pontianak !

[Airport Fashion]

[#2]

If you know me, then you should know that always dressed up when I hit the airport, but I didn't do much for today's flight and this was the first time I stepped into the new ultimate terminal 3 airport. It was really different than the other terminal, because this one is looking so futuristic with minimalism design and the architecture was no joke, it was a bit looks like Kyoto airport and what I really love was it's all white! Perfectly fit my instagram feed!

[Pontianak]

So I was in Pontianak for 3 days, and we rented a car with a driver also, it was quite expensive and maybe that because Pontianak was not a tourist's destination to visit. But we decided that we'll be in Pontianak for one day only and we moved tomorrow morning on the 2nd day to go to Singkawang which is 3 hours far from the Pontianak, it was known with many place such as beach, mountain and temples when Pontianak is only a big city with nothing else. 

[Che Hun Tiau A Hua]

Che Hun Tiau Ahua
Jl. WR. Supratman (Depan Ismail Marzuki)
Pontianak
Kalimantan Barat

So for my first destination when I arrived was Che hun Tiau Ahua. Remembering from the last time, I really love this dessert, especially here. I was with my friends for the first day so I asked them to bring me here first because it will closed at evening. It's all about the fresh and that chewy jelly cincau I really love. What a good way to start!

[Table's Situation]

Chai Kue Tian Mei Li
Jl. Khatulistiwa, gg parwasal no. 8
Pontianak
Kalimantan Barat

Next is my wishlist place to eat, I didn't get any chance to ate at this place from my last visit because it was located at Siantan which is a lil' bit far from the city, you must passed the bridge first before, it took 30 minutes to arrive here, but the wait is worth! 

[Chai Kue]

[#2]

From all of the Chai Kue I ate so far, this one probably the best I ever had! Ohh for those you guys who doesn't know chai kue is basically it was a steamed skin that made of rice flour filled with vegetable such as bengkoang or kucai. I prefer the bengkoang because it was less bitter than the Kucai. But guys! You should have try yourself chai kue from here. It was divine!

[Chicken Satay]

Chicken Satay was probably the most mediocre typical Indonesian food ever, but who knows that this place chicken satay was a bomb! I didn't expect anything at first, but their sauce was sweet and also savory at the same time! It was really recommended and I'll be back to eat in here again.

[Suryanto]

[#2]

[Bobby]

So, for this trip, I was accompanied with my Khun tian nang from my university, Suryanto ( @suryanto.er ), Bobby ( @chrstianbobby ) and also, Chelwy ( @just_chelwy ), after finishing our lunch at Chai Kue Siantan, we moved to find some good place to take an instag-able pict but ended up coming to a wrong place. So after that they dropped me and went home.

[Glasshouse]

Glasshouse 55
Jl. Hasanuddin No. 55B-C, 4th & 5th Floor, Bar., 
Sungai Jawi Dalam, West Pontianak, 
Pontianak, West Kalimantan 78244

Yeappp, I asked them to drop me here because my friend is the one of the chef in charge for this place and he asked me to try this restaurant and meet him. Overall for the place, the interior was not what I expect to be but the ambience for the rooftop was really nice. You could saw all of Pontianak from this point and the air was so good. For the food, I must say that it is very affordable ad the portion was a load. For the taste itself, it was really good and I do enjoy their bolognaise spaghetti.

It was nice meeting old friend, after one - two bottles of beer and lot of chit chat and catching up, and that's how I ended up my first day in Pontianak. I rushed back to the hotel to met my family and had a good sleep because tomorrow I need to wake up early so we could go to Singkawang and not wasting time.

[Chai Kue Siantan]

My second day started with a really nice breakfast also. This time, I'm coming back again to this Chai Kue Siantan and tried some new local food.

[Ou Kue, Ko Kue and Mi fan]

[Ou Kue]

So this time, I've got a chance to try Mi fan, Ou Kue and Ko Kue. So what is it actually ? Well, I'm not really sure at the first time but Ou Kue is a Taro cake and topped with some ebi ( shrimp ), and for Ko Kue, it's a rice flour cake that topped with some ebi too, and Mi fan is same with ko kue but they put Kucai inside the rice flour dough so it gave a bit bitter taste to the food.

My personal fav was their Ou Kue because it was light to eat rather than the rest, but what make it better was their Ebi. Their Ebi has the perfect saltness and rich of flavors, so I really enjoyed this kind of local food.

[Singkawang]

Finally after we had our b'fast we continue to our destination, Singkawang. A thousand temples city is what they called. But it wasn't a joke. They had totally so many temples in this city like ever 100m you could see a temple. My mom is obsessed with this Buddhism thing so she want to visit one of the temple. So I searched a good one and went there.

[Ji Goong Temple]

Ji Goong Temple / Cikung

This temple was huge and also dazzling, every corner was decorated with Chinese ornament and crafted really well. Ji Goong is the god that this temple worshipped.

[#2]

[#3]

[#4]

[#5]

[#6]

[#7]

[#8]

After finished our prayer and wishes, we find some good hotel around this area, our 2nd day was really tiring because of the trip from pontianak to singkawang. And that's how we ended our 2nd day.

[Mom & Dad]

Our third and also last day was quite hectic in the morning. It was because we wanted to visit some landmark and tourist attraction in this city but we must came back to the Pontianak city to catch our flight in the evening.

[Rindu Alam Park]

Our first stopped was the Rindu Alam Park Singkawang ! The view from this park was breathtaking. We could see some good scenery from up here.

[#2]

[#3]

[#4]

[#5]

[#6]

[#7]

[#8]

[#9]

Next we continued, we moved to the downhill and went to Tanjung Bajau Beach ! The beach was not that clean and wide but it was good after all. We could take some good picture here!

[#2]

[#3]

[#4]

[#5]

[#6]

[#7]

So overall we only took picture today and went back to take a long 3 hours ride to Pontianak City. before leaving Pontianak, I met with my friend again, Nia ( @nathaniathedra ) ! She took me to one of the favorite shaved ice shop in Pontianak.

[Melda]

Es Nona Melda
Jl. Panglima Aim No.89A, Dalam Bugis, 
Pontianak Tim., Kota Pontianak, 
Kalimantan Barat 78232

So this is one of the best ice drink in Pontianak. What I really like was their red bean and tapai. They put on some syrup to the shaved ice. The highlight was still their tapai because I really love tapai so much.

[Last]

So that's how my Pontianak trip ended, I didn't expect that I'll coming back to Ponti this fast. It was really nice meeting my friends and also I could have some rest at my holiday too. So that's it for today's post and see you again!

No comments